Tips for employees
Get started right away
You have filled in your employer’s scan and want to take the first steps right away. We are glad to help you get started! We have set out tips for each theme below.
- Getting enough physical activity is easier than you might think. These Exercise guidelines show how much and what kind of exercise is good for you.
- The Netherlands is the champion at sitting. However, too much sitting does not go with a healthy lifestyle. Every sports publication has an article about the negative effects too much sitting has on your health and vitality.
- Performing weekly muscle and bone strengthening exercises will make you fitter. This article shows you several specific exercises.
- Take a quick break from your working day to do an exercise without leaving your workplace. This video for home workers features exercises you can do at your desk.
- Even when your job involves heavy work (e.g. in construction) it is important to get enough exercise in your leisure time.
- Check whether your way of working puts too much strain on your body with the ergonomics questionnaire Hoe Top Werk Jij?
- You can find all kinds of tips for healthy eating here.
- You can find out how to get started here.
- How do you eat healthily and get enough exercise if you work from home? Click here to check out what to look out for.
- You’ll find plenty of inspiration for healthy recipes here
- Would you like to make healthier choices at the supermarket? The Am I making healthy choices? app can help.
Smoking, alcohol, drugs
- Do you want to quit smoking? Do the test and discover which methods suits you best.
- These are the ten benefits of quitting smoking.
- If you’ve just stopped smoking, you’ll know it can be quite tough to stick to it. Here you can find tips and motivation to persevere.
- What is the best way of dealing with alcohol? Check this out for advice on alcohol consumption among adults.
- Are your drinking habits responsible? Do the test.
- Tips for cutting down or stopping alcohol use.
- Help with stopping or cutting down alcohol use.
- Useful information on drugs and drug addiction can be found at www.drugsinfo.nl. It’s worth checking out if you have any questions relating to your own situation or if you are concerned about someone else.
- Stopping or cutting down on drugs use.
- You can find everything about staying mentally it at www.mentaalvitaal.nl.
- Corona has turned our everyday lives upside down. So it is hardly surprising if it causes you to feel stressed. Talking helps click here for some tips.
- Ten tips for staying mentally fit during the coronavirus crisis.
- You can find online training to help deal with symptoms relating to sleep, worry or stress at www.snelbeterinjevel.nl.
- How can you maintain a good work-life balance, especially when working from home? This factsheet contains some very useful tips.
- Thuiswerken is topsport (working from home is an elite sport) provides relaxation exercises and tips for stress reduction.
All information on this page was created in collaboration with the Netherlands Knowledge Centre for Sport & Physical Activity, the Netherlands Nutrition Centre and the Trimbos Institute.